Click to Call Now!
Major Medical Health Insurance
Bridging the gaps in health insurance coverage, major medical health insurance is a flexible health insurance coverage solution when you need coverage for a period of transition in your life or for the middle to upper income earners who do not receive assistance from and employer or Federal government sponsored programs but still want medical coverage.
Is major medical insurance for me?
Major Medical insurance may be for you if you're:
• Self Employed and do not qualify for a subsidy from the Federal Government
• Healthy and under 65
• Missed ACA Open Enrollment and you don't qualify for Special Enrollment
• Waiting for your ACA coverage to start
• Looking for coverage to bridge you to Medicare
• Turning 26 and coming off your parent's insurance
• Between jobs or waiting for benefits to begin at your new job
For these situations and many others, Major Medical health insurance, also called short term, temporary health insurance or term health insurance, might be right for you. It can fill that gap in coverage until you can choose a longer term solution.
The benefits of major medical health insurance
Major Medical health insurance offers you just the kind of flexible, fast coverage you need for those dynamic times of change in your life. With short term medical plans you can:
• Get covered fast, as soon as the day after application
• Pick your deductible amount from several options
• Pick your length of coverage, 1 to nearly 36 months in some states
• Drop coverage with no penalty if a more permanent health insurance option comes along
• You may be able to apply for another short term health insurance plan when the first one finishes, if needed.
• Large network of health care professionals, hospitals and other facilities.
• Lower premiums than with ACA health insurance plans
Keep these short term insurance reminders in your long-term memory
With major medical health insurance you are not buying an ACA health plan. That means you need to keep a few things in mind as you plan your coverage needs:
• ACA health plans are guaranteed issue, meaning you cannot be denied coverage based on preexisting conditions, Major Medical insurance plans however are not guaranteed issue, do not cover preexisting conditions, and you must answer a series of medical questions to apply for coverage
• ACA health plans are required to cover 10 essential health benefits, including maternity and newborn care, mental health and substance abuse disorder services. Major Medical insurance plans do not have coverage requirements, so plans vary in what they cover. Check your plan details carefully
So, it’s true that you may save money by choosing short term health insurance. Just be sure you know what you are buying, and that it’s a good choice for you. For the right situation, short term insurance plans can definitely provide fast, flexible, temporary health insurance coverage that fits your needs.
To learn more about this and other Health related topics, talk with a professional in your community. Make an appointment to speak with one of our professionals and see for yourself the Elkin Insurance difference.
At Elkin Insurance "We Care About You".
ACA vs MAJOR MEDICAL
Click to Call Now!
Major medical health insurance is a type of health insurance that covers the expenses associated with serious illness or hospitalization.
We provide all the information you need on Original Medicare and Medicare Advantage Plans so you can make an informed decision.
The basic building block of financial planning is protection. By getting enough life insurance you are protecting your loved ones so that the money is there to continue their lives without disruption.
An annuity is an insurance product that pays out income, and can be used as part of a retirement strategy. Annuities are a popular choice for investors who want to receive a steady income stream in retirement.