Short Term Health Insurance
Bridge the gaps in health insurance coverage
Short term health insurance is a flexible health insurance coverage solution when you need coverage for a period of transition in your life.
Is short term insurance for me?
Short term insurance may be for you if you're:
• Unable to apply for Affordable Care Act (ACA), also called Obamacare, coverage because you missed Open Enrollment and you don't qualify for Special Enrollment
• Waiting for your ACA coverage to start
• Looking for coverage to bridge you to Medicare
• Turning 26 and coming off your parent's insurance
• Between jobs or waiting for benefits to begin at your new job
• Healthy and under 65
For these situations and many others, Short term health insurance, also called temporary health insurance or term health insurance, might be right for you. It can fill that gap in coverage until you can choose a longer term solution.
The benefits of short term health insurance
Short term health insurance offers you just the kind of flexible, fast coverage you need for those dynamic times of change in your life. With short term medical plans you can:
• Get covered fast, as soon as the day after application
• Pick your deductible amount from several options
• Pick your length of coverage, 1 to nearly 12 months in some states
• Drop coverage with no penalty if a more permanent health insurance option comes along
• You may be able to apply for another short term health insurance plan when the first one finishes, if needed.
• Access an extensive network of health care professionals, hospitals and other facilities.
• Get generally lower premiums than with ACA health insurance plans
Keep these short term insurance reminders in your long-term memory
With short term health insurance you are not buying an ACA health plan. That means you need to keep a few things in mind as you plan your coverage needs:
• ACA health plans are guaranteed issue, meaning you cannot be denied coverage based on preexisting conditions
• Short term insurance plans are not guaranteed issue, do not cover preexisting conditions, and you must answer a series of medical questions to apply for coverage
• ACA health plans are required to cover 10 essential health benefits, including maternity and newborn care, mental health and substance abuse disorder services
• Short term insurance plans do not have coverage requirements, so plans vary in what they cover. Check your plan details carefully
So, it’s true that you may save money by choosing short term health insurance. Just be sure you know what you are buying, and that it’s a good choice for you. For the right situation, short term insurance plans can definitely provide fast, flexible, temporary health insurance coverage that fits your needs.
Note: This coverage is not “minimum essential coverage” as defined by the ACA.
Major medical health insurance is a type of health insurance that covers the expenses associated with serious illness or hospitalization.
We provide all the information you need on Original Medicare and Medicare Advantage Plans so you can make an informed decision.
The basic building block of financial planning is protection. By getting enough life insurance you are protecting your loved ones so that the money is there to continue their lives without disruption.
An annuity is an insurance product that pays out income, and can be used as part of a retirement strategy. Annuities are a popular choice for investors who want to receive a steady income stream in retirement.
Final expense insurance is designed to cover the bills that your loved ones will face after your death. These costs will include medical bills and funeral expenses.